Diet Programs offered by Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian – Lebanon
By improving your nutrition and changing your diet and lifestyle habits, you can decrease your chances of experiencing some major health issues. We can help you make these improvements by following one of our various programs and diets listed below
Weight Loss, Weight Gain and Weight Maintenance
The Weight Management Program is dedicated to people who would like to lose weight, maintain their weight or gain weight. Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will personally examine every patient and give each one the diet program that he/she should follow in order to achieve the ideal results. The diet program provides an evaluation to patients that includes the following:
- Medical assessment of weight through body composition analysis, clinical and laboratory evaluations to identify weight related diseases and nutrition problems.
- Nutrition assessment to identify current dietary habits and willingness, ability, and resources available to work on improving them to promote weight loss.
- Physical activity assessment to evaluate current status of exercise and work out patterns and willingness, ability, and resources available to increase physical activity.
- Psycho-social assessment to identify problems that may interfere with your ability to participate in the lifestyle program and follow the diet program properly
During the first consultation with Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian, you will discuss your wellness goal, explore your health concerns in more detail and agree on a personalized diet program that fits in with your lifestyle and your food preferences. During the follow up consultation, Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will review your progress and weight and adapt the diet program as required.Whether you want to lose, maintain or gain weight, Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you reach your target
Nutrition services are one of the first treatments that individuals should receive to improve conditions such as:
- Dyslipidemia (high LDL, low HDL, and high TG)
- Pre-diabetes, Diabetes, hypoglycemia, insulin resistance
- Kidney disease, gout and high uric acid
- Digestive problems: reflux, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease…
With Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian, you will be able to work on the treatment and the prevention of the disease. You have probably been told that you need to follow a specific diet and eat healthily to help lower high cholesterol or tension or blood sugar level, but what exactly does that mean? What we will do for you at our Clinic is put all the information together in a diet program specifically designed to meet your needs. Not just by telling you what foods you need to reduce or avoid, but also by advising of specific foods to increase that will actively help you. The diet program will show you how to put all the information together in a practical dietary plan, together with recipes and how to make healthy food choices from shops and restaurants. With changes to your diet, exercise and lifestyle, your risk of these problems can be substantially reduced. For patients already suffering with the above conditions, these changes will reduce and slow the progression of the problem.
Do you suffer from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol or digestive problems? Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you manage your condition
Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian has hands-on experience in dealing with diets for children and adolescents:
- She has offered diet consultations to the American Community School for 5 years, and continues to advise the parents and students of Le Grand Lycée Franco-Libanais School on the importance of nutritional education; she writes them letters on a monthly basis and prepares the cafeteria and plat du jour menu.
- She was the brand ambassador for Bledina during their nutrition awareness campaign; she gave tips and advice for kids from 1 to 3 years on MTV, Radioone and Nostalgie.
- She took part in Tefal’s challenge for childhood obesity by providing the adolescent Maroun Mechleb with a weight loss diet program over the course of 3 months. Maroun Mechleb lost 17 kg in 3 months.
Obesity is a serious health problem that can affect children and adolescents. It occurs when a child is above the normal weight for his or her age and height. You can’t know just by looking at your child if he is or not overweight. That is why Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian is here to help you figure it out using growth charts and body composition analysis tests. One of the strategies to reduce childhood obesity is to improve the diet and exercise habits. Childhood obesity can lead to several health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, as well as poor self-esteem and depression. Treat and prevent childhood obesity to protect the health of your child now and in the future.
If you’re worried that your child is putting on too much weight, talk to Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian
According to The American Academy of Pediatrics, children over the age of 2 and adolescents who are overweight, should be put on a weight-maintenance diet program to slow the progress of weight gain. This will allow the child to add centimeters in height but not kilograms, causing the weight according to the height to drop over time into a healthier range.
According to The American Academy of Pediatrics, children aged 6-11 who are obese may be put on a diet for gradual weight loss (no more than 0.5 kg/month). Older children and adolescents who are obese or severely obese may be put on a diet that aims for up to 1 kg/week of weight loss.
The diet program to help your child maintain his weight or to lose weight are the same: Your child needs to follow a healthy diet, in terms of type and amount of food, and increase his or her physical activity. Even small changes can make a big difference in your child’s health: we will help you change your kid’s healthy eating habits, advise you on how many times he should eat junk food, how to serve the right portion size, what should his exercise plan be, and how to adjust the food with his activities…
Because we care for you, we have diet programs for every health problem you have and every phase you are going through in your life
- Pre-menopause and Menopause
- Premenstrual syndrome PMS
- Special program for your Body type
- Understand your female body
Pre-menopause and Menopause Program
As you get older, you might notice that maintaining your usual weight becomes more difficult. In fact, many women gain weight around the menopause transition. Some women go through the menopause phase with few or no noticeable symptoms, yet others experience a whole host of symptoms such as:
- Weight gain specially around the abdomen
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Mood swings
- Anxiety and Depression
- Dry, aging skin
All the above symptoms are due to the fluctuating hormone levels that occur during the menopause. The good news is that harmony and balance is achievable with the right diet and nutrition. Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will advise you on the best diet to ease you through the menopause and help you most to minimize menopause weight gain. Successful weight loss at any stage of life requires permanent changes in diet and exercise habits.
Is maintaining your usual weight becoming more difficult as you age? Stop your menopause weight gain with Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian
Premenstrual Syndrome Program PMS
Do you suffer from sugar cravings, water retention, weight gain, irritability, headache, fatigue and depression before your monthly period? Do you have strong symptoms that are literally ruining your life? Are you wondering what you can do to improve your PMS symptoms?
What is PMS?
Premenstrual syndrome is characterized by more than 100 physical or emotional symptoms that can start up to two weeks before each period and usually stop when the period starts. It is very common, with nearly all women having PMS symptoms at some stage in their life.
Some factors, including lifestyle and diet seem to have a strong connection. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies, hormonal imbalances (oestrogen/progesterone), high blood sugar level, poor dietary choices (diet high in saturated fat and low in fibers) can all result in the PMS symptoms.
Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you with your unpleasant symptoms of PMS; she will give you the right diet and tools, check your vitamin and mineral deficiencies, alleviate your sugar cravings and help you prevent weight gain and water retention. Identifying and addressing the underlying causes can bring tremendous relief for both PMS sufferers and those around them!!
Give your body the right diet with Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian; your hormones and health will be back into balance
Special Program for Your Body Type
Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you know which body shape you have: apple, pear, rectangular or hourglass shape. Once you know your body type, you can begin to work with your body shape rather than against it. Through diet and exercise, Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will give you the best diet to get the body you want: what to eat for each type, how to lose fat from your belly, how to have more muscles…The body types of females often change over time. Whether the change is due to puberty, childbirth, weight loss or weight gain, we are here to help you with the transition.
Do you suffer from stubborn fat around the belly that won’t go away no matter what diet and exercise plan you follow? Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian has the answer to your problem
Understand Your Female Body
Whether you suffer from cellulite, water retention or stretch marks, Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you prevent them and control them. She will also help you understand the weight fluctuations that occur with age, before during and after your period, with your pregnancy, during stress.
The more you know your body, the better you can take care of it
Polycystic Ovaries syndrome Program
Do you suffer from irregular period, and weight gain? Do you have sugar craving and your diet efforts are going in vain? You might suffer from PCOS but you don’t know: Between 1 in 10 and 1 in 20 women of childbearing age have PCOS.
What is PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or having many small cysts in the ovaries is a health problem that can affect a woman’s menstrual cycle, fertility, body shape and hormones.
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms vary from woman to woman. Some of the symptoms of PCOS include:
- Infertility (not able to get pregnant) because of not ovulating
- Weight gain or obesity, usually with extra weight and fat around the waist or the abdomen
- Absent or irregular menstrual periods
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, stomach…
- Acne, oily skin, thinning hair
The right Program for PCOS
Because there is no cure for PCOS, Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you manage the symptoms. Your program will include lifestyle modification: adequate diet, exercise plan, and a weight loss diet program that will help you lower your blood sugar levels, improve the body’s use of insulin, and normalize hormone levels in your body. Even a 10% loss of your body weight can restore a normal period and make your cycle more regular.
Does PCOS put women at risk for health problems?
Women with PCOS have greater chances of developing several serious health conditions. If you have PCOS, get your symptoms under control at an earlier age to help reduce your chances of having health problems. Recent studies found that:
- More than 50% of women with PCOS will have diabetes or pre-diabetes before the age of 40.
- The risk of heart attack is 4 to 7 times higher in women with PCOS than women of the same age without PCOS.
- Women with PCOS are at greater risk of having high blood pressure, high levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and low levels of HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Women with PCOS can develop sleep apnea. This is when breathing stops for short periods of time during sleep
Do you suffer from PCOS? Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you get your period and hormones back into balance
Since the food that you eat will be providing the only source of nutrition for your growing baby, it’s vital that you not only eat the right foods but also in the right quantities. Optimum nutrition during pregnancy can be crucial for both you and the baby. Quite often the information available on what to eat during pregnancy is conflicting and confusing.
With the right diet and supplements it’s possible:
- For your baby: to substantially reduce the risk of birth defects, low birth weight, boost your baby’s IQ, and also reduce the risk of your baby inheriting allergies or conditions such as eczema or asthma.
- For you: it is possible to reduce the chance of gaining more or less weight than you should, getting stretch marks, having morning sickness, suffering from anemia and other nutrients deficiencies, pre-eclampsia(hypertension during pregnancy), fatigue, constipation and mood swings.
One follow up every trimester will allow Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian to:
- Guide you on what to eat and not to eat during pregnancy.
- Give you clear description on the most beneficial nutrients and their food sources for you and your baby.
- Track your weight gain in order not to gain more than the recommendations.
Are you afraid of gaining more weight than you should during pregnancy? Do you have sugar cravings? Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian is here to help you
Having a baby is a huge undertaking for the body so it is important to look after your body’s needs once your baby has come along. The post pregnancy program will help you in several aspects:
- Weight loss: the post pregnancy program will aid getting your body back in shape and help you lose all the weight you have gained during pregnancy.
- Healthy breastfeeding: Dietitian Christelle bedrossian will help you eat a well-balanced diet while avoiding some food and flavors that will make your baby uncomfortable. She will also ensure that you are getting all the necessary nutrients for you and your baby.
- Post-natal depression: Many women can suffer from post-natal depression in the months after giving birth however this can be avoided with optimum nutrition.
- Energy: A good diet can also help provide you with the energy and stamina needed for looking after your new-born.
Are you struggling to lose the weight you have gained during pregnancy? Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you get back in shape
Enjoy your new life after weight loss surgery
Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian is specialized in Weight Loss Surgery Nutrition for pre and post-operative care. She offers diet programs to all patients who underwent or will undergo a weight loss surgery procedure such as Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Plication procedure, ring…
Because losing weight often is not as simple as it sounds, our weight loss surgery diet program is focused on managing patients before and after weight loss surgery to ensure adequate weight loss. An important part of your decision to have safe weight loss surgery is the commitment to follow-up. We want your weight loss surgery to be successful; therefore, we have designed a diet protocol to guide you through the entire weight loss surgery process:
BEFORE Weight Loss Surgery:
- To help you get prepared for the weight loss surgery: lose weight and reduce the size of the liver in order to limit the risk of complications during weight loss surgery
- To know what to expect after the weight loss surgery: weight loss, diet to follow after the weight loss surgery…
- To prepare yourself mentally ahead of time for changes in menu planning, food purchases and food preparation
- When to start the diet before the weight loss surgery (pre-op diet)
- What is allowed to eat and drink before the weight loss surgery (pre-op diet)
- To help you start healthy eating habits
AFTER Weight Loss Surgery:
- To learn the different diet phases to follow after the weight loss surgery (liquid and semi-liquid diet, puree diet, soft diet and regular diet) and to individualize these diet phases according to your needs
- To maximize the success of the weight loss surgery and follow your weight changes
- To optimize the loss of body fat and minimize the loss of muscle mass
- To ensure that your vitamins and minerals intake is optimal and prevent nutritional deficiencies
- To help you in food preparation that suits your lifestyle and give you recipes that makes the diet phases more pleasant
- To help you with your fitness and exercise routines: when to start exercising, the type of exercise to reach your target of fat and muscles
- To minimize side effects and possible discomfort related to the weight loss surgery like diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, food blockages, dumping syndrome, bloating, food intolerance etc.
- For special diets such as vegetarian diets, vegan diets, gluten free diets, or other special diets: To help you cope with the weight loss surgery and the special way of eating that you are following, and to ensure that your needs for vitamins, minerals and nutrients are met
Protein Shakes, Vitamins and Other Supplements
To help you know your protein needs that support your muscle mass and make you feel full
- To learn the possibility of supplementing your diet with protein shakes when needed
- To supplement your diet with vitamins and minerals when needed according to your eating plan, the type of weight loss surgery you underwent, and the deficiencies you might have (vitamin B12, Zinc, iron, calcium….)
Have you been trying to conceive without success? Give yourself the best chance possible with the right diet and nutrition plan.
Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will give you a diet program specifically designed for you and your partner. She will make sure to include in your diet the adequate nutrients, vitamins and minerals in order to:
- Balance your hormone levels
- Improve the quality of the woman’s eggs
- Increase the production of healthy sperm
- Provide a fertile environment for the embryo to grow and develop
- Help prevent birth defects and miscarriages
- Avoid any deficiency specially for iron, folic acid and zinc.
Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will make sure you are not eating the foods that are harmful to your unborn baby because what you eat while trying to conceive is as important now as it will be when you’re pregnant. She will also help you make lifestyle changes since exercise, cigarettes, alcohol and stress can all have an impact on your chances of conceiving.
Losing weight as an individual can be very stressful, but when a family follows a weight loss program together, losing weight is no longer isolating. When done right, losing weight as a family has many advantages:
- It will help your family become healthier
- It will be fun and rewarding since it will bring the family closer together
- Losing weight as a family is not a short term diet program; it is a permanent change in your way of life
- If one person is having a hard time, the family diet program will make it easier for him because the family members will be supporting each other
- If your child has an unhealthy weight or is at risk of becoming overweight, you can take proactive measures to get things on the right track. Children are good learners; bring them with you for a family therapy
- Involving all your kids will avoid singling out the child who is overweight
Are you ready to make changes in your family’s lifestyle? Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you lose weight as a family
Your best chance to achieve and maintain a healthy weight is to change your eating habits at home and start a healthy diet with your family. To help yourself, your husband, your wife or your child succeed, you should involve the whole family. Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will be glad to meet all the family members at her clinic to discuss some important points such as what you are eating at home, if you share activities together, if the family eats while watching TV…. She will help the whole family make healthy choices and be physically active.
Are you involved in a general fitness program and you are not getting the results you are looking for? Whether your target is to increase your muscle mass, decrease your body fat, lose weight or get fit; this program will help you optimize your results.
If you are doing weight lifting, cycling, running, swimming, dancing or taking aerobic classes… you need to follow a specific diet to get better results and increase your performance. Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you:
- Have the correct percentage of protein, carbohydrate and fat intake in your diet
- Choose the right snacks to have before and after workout
- Know the best time to eat before and after your training
- Drink the right quantity of water before, during and after your exercise
- Know if you need sports drinks, supplements, energy or protein bars
Have you been exercising without success? Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will help you reach your target by balancing your physical activity with the right diet
Athletes involved in moderate or high frequency training program will need to change their intake to meet nutritional requirements. If you are an athlete, this program is for you. Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will give you a diet that depends on the intensity and duration of your exercise program.
Many factors may affect an athlete’s nutritional needs: the type of activity (aerobic vs. anaerobic), gender, weight, height, workout or activity stage (pre-workout, intra-workout, recovery)… Many culprits can get in the way of performance like fatigue, injury and soreness. A proper diet will ensure your needs and reduce the disturbances in performance.
Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will tailor your pre-game and post-game meals. You will achieve peak performance by training and eating the right diet: the right quantity of protein, the supplements to take, the right foods to fuel for your body, the right amount of water…
Keep in mind that nutritional misinformation can do as much harm to the ambitious athlete as good nutrition can help.
Optimal nutrition is essential for peak performance; Dietitian christelle bedrossian will help you push your body to the limit
Nutrition education is not just learning how to lose weight, but learning how to improve your well-being. There is a lot to learn about when it comes to your diet, nutrition and healthy eating. Follow-ups with Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian are a great time to get more tips on eating healthy. Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will share her knowledge with you to help you know:
- What to eat when out
- How to read nutrition labels
- How to choose your products at the supermarket
- How to prepare foods and meals you enjoy in a healthy way
- How to make smart healthy choices at work
- How to recognize poor food choices and resist them
- How to manage other areas of your life impacting on your nutritional goals or health
Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will give you step by step guides on how to practically implement any nutritional recommendations to fit your lifestyle
Do you want to learn more about nutrition and food? Dietitian Christelle bedrossian will make you passionate about nutrition!
Are you a vegetarian?Are you a Vegan?
Are you afraid to have nutrient deficiencies? Do you follow a vegan diet or any type of the vegetarian diets (lacto, lacto-ovo, ovo-vegetarian diet)?
Vegetarian diets can be healthy and may even lower the risk of heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and cancer. However, eating a balanced vegetarian diet requires some extra planning to get all the nutrients you need. Vegetarian and vegan diets are very restrictive which makes the diet more challenging. Here comes the role of Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian who can guide you through your diet by:
-Adding food that will provide the nutrients we usually find in animal food sources such as protein, iron, Zinc, calcium, Iodine, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
– Incorporating vegetable proteins like soy, the only vegetable protein which is as complete as animal protein, as well as other plant-based proteins like legumes, seeds, nuts…
– Mixing food sources to get the adequate protein intake like mixing legumes with grains.
-Helping you choose the food groups and food choices that, if eaten in the right quantities form the foundation of a healthy vegetarian diet.
– Becoming a vegetarian or a vegan is a personal decision. Let me help you become a HEALTHY one
Specialized Diet Programs
The protein diet program is a different approach to weight loss and is medically developed. Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian has trained extensively with the developers of these protocols in France and Canada to be able to prescribe them to patients in Lebanon and train other dietitians. Under her supervision, this diet will help you lose weight and is characterized by the following:
- Safe: the use of this diet has been extensively monitored since the 1970’s and this diet has been proven time and again to be a successful weight loss method. This protocol is also used at Cleveland clinic and professional clinics around the world
- Healthy: this protein diet promotes fat loss while supporting muscle mass.
- No hunger: the pre-packed protein sachets in the diet will help you feel full and will satisfy your cravings for sugar and salt.
- Convenient: no calorie counting in this protein diet and very easy to follow. The diet is composed of 3 phases to follow to achieve your weight loss goal. Once your goal is achieved, Dietitian Christelle Bedrossian will teach how you to maintain your new weight by developing healthy eating habits.
- Two different diet programs: based on gender.
- Three different phases: designed to suit your weight loss goals. The phase you choose will depend on how much weight you want to lose and how quickly you want to lose it!
The cleansing diet program C9 and FIT15 are suitable for you if you would like to lose weight, clean your body and become more fit. You can follow the C9 for 9 days or start with C9 then move to FIT15 for 15 days. Enjoy your diet in the convenience of packs!
The body composition test helps you see the effectiveness of the diet plan or exercise program that you are following. It is an analysis of your body composition that shows you:
- Your Weight
- Your Muscle mass
- Your Fat mass
- Your Body’s water
- The fat and muscles in each arm, leg and in your trunk
- The Visceral fat: the fat that is stored around your internal organs
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI): your weight comparing to your height
- Your waist-to-hip ratio: your waist comparing to your height
- Your Basal metabolic rate: how many calories you burn at rest
The genetic test is a full DNA analysis that helps you understand which diet plan and exercise program suit you more. It is fast and easy to perform, a saliva sample with a cotton swab is all it takes. The sample will be sent to the USA and you will receive the results in about 3-4 weeks. This genetic test will show you:
- How much should you eat?
- What helps you more to lose weight: to eat less or move more?
- What kind of diet fits you most?
- Do you have lactose or caffeine intolerance?
- How does your body respond to carbohydrates, fats and proteins?
- What should you know about weight regain?
- How can you change your body?
- Do you have a risk for Vit A, D, B6, B9, B12, Se, Mg, Fe, w3 deficiencies?
- Do you have a risk for low bone mineral density?
- What sport fits your genes?
- How much exercise should you be doing?
- How can you avoid injury?
- How can you improve your training intensity?
- How hard should you train and for how long?
- Is there an elite athlete in you?
The food intolerance test helps you get rid of symptoms such as bloating, flatulence, headache, fatigue, diarrhea, irritable bowel, eczema, insomnia, joint discomfort, abdominal pain and mood swings. These symptoms can be complex and appear within a few hours or even days after the consumption of the food. This makes it difficult for us and you to identify the food or foods responsible for the symptoms.
This test is characterized by the following:
- It is quick and easy it only needs a few drops of capillary finger-prick blood and 30 min to get the result
- It is suitable for adults, pregnant women, and children over the age of 5-years old
- It tests for 57 of the most common foods. You can also test for 120 or 220 foods
Your diet will be tailored based on the results of the test. An elimination diet will be given to alleviate the symptoms, and then a reintroduction of the foods will follow.Do you suffer from bloating, insomnia, migraine…? Run this simple test to discover the foods behind these symptoms
*Disclaimer: The information and reference guides in this website are intended solely for the general information for the reader. The contents of this web site are not intended to offer personal medical advice, diagnose health problems or for treatment purposes. It is not a substitute for medical care provided by a licensed and qualified health professional. There is no guarantee of specific results the results may vary. Please consult your health care provider for any advice on medications