Challenge#2 I Will Eat Less Salt
Tips to Eat Less Salt
- Avoid processed foods like canned food, readymade soups and sauces that are often loaded with added salt
- Read labels and choose lower-sodium products
- Know where the sodium hides: pepperoni pizza, white bread, processed cheese, hot dogs, spaghetti with sauce, ham, ketchup, flour tortillas…
- When eating out, keep an eye on salt content: chain and fast-food restaurant items can top 5,000 to 6,000 mg of sodium per serving; about 4 times the healthy daily limit.
- Avoid adding salt during cooking and use herbs and spices to add flavor
- Train your taste buds to enjoy foods made with less sodium